As microwave engineer, you will be working on Quantum Systems, our product line of systems that accelerate quantum chip testing for our customers. The focus will be on design, assembly, test and qualification of electrical and RF equipment, subsystems, and components in the signal path of these test and diagnostics systems. As microwave engineer you will be responsible for subsystem tests and performance evaluation in close interaction with our system engineers, test engineers, and hardware/software integrators.
Required set of skills & experiences:
We are looking for a motivated candidate (BSc, MSc, or PhD) that has a background in microwave or electrical engineering with the following desired skillset:
* RF technology and microwave engineering
* Working knowledge of microwave network design, network simulation (S-parameters, reflections, noise propagation) and understanding of RF signal quality requirements
* Network optimization based on component selection
* Practical experience with RF/microwave (subsystem) designs and use of test/measurement/cable equipment
* Breadboarding and fabrication of basic PCB and components (examples are bias-Tee boards, amplifier boards, switching matrices)
* Knowledge of basic performance characteristics for generating RF/microwave signals like phase and amplitude noise, noise figure, intermodulation, (IQ) modulation techniques, up/down-conversion
* Operational knowledge of Python for instrument control
* Teamworking skills and an ability to work in a self-reliant way are a must
* Familiarity with the Dutch language is considered a plus, but not required.
What can you expect from us?
We offer a full-time position in an inspiring environment with a dedicated team of scientists and engineers at the forefront of quantum technology. Orange Quantum Systems is operating at the heart of one of the leading hubs in quantum technology: the Quantum Delft ecosystem. By joining Orange Quantum Systems your work will have real impact on the development of technology for quantum devices.
More information? Please contact:
Director Development & Engineering